Requesting Expense Reimbursement
Employees request expense reimbursement through Employee Access and the reimbursements will be deposited directly into each employee’s direct deposit bank account used in payroll.
Note: Each employee must submit his/her own expense reimbursement. An assistant cannot submit a reimbursement on behalf of another employee.
Checking Status of a Request
- Click on Expense Reimbursement from the menu at the top.
- Click on Activity.
- This will list out all of your expense reimbursement requests in a table.
- The Req Sts column reflects the following status.
- APP = Approved
- WFP/WFH = Waiting for approval
- DEN = Denied
- Click the arrow next to a request to see details.
- Click the arrow next to Approval History to view the approval change and when different users have processed approvals. This is also where denial notes can be found.
Video Instructions for Submitting a Request
Submitting Expense Reimbursement Requests
- Click Expense Reimbursement from the menu along the top.
- Click Submit Request. This will bring a list of all of your work-in-progress, waiting for approval, and denied requests.
- Click the Add button on the right to start a new request or highlight a request and click Edit to make changes.
- Choose the From and To dates when the expenses were incurred.
- Type a Description of the overall reimbursement request.
- Click the Save button.
- Click the Attachments button and repeat the following steps to add receipts. from files on your computer.
- To add items to the request click either the Add or Mass Add Detail button. Add allows one item to be added at a time. Mass Add Detail allows for up to 4 items to be added at a time.
- For each line item do the following:
- Choose a Date of the expense.
- Select a Reimbursement Type from the drop-down menu.
- Enter a Quantity and/or Amount depending on the type of reimbursement. i.e. For mileage, you can enter quanitty of miles but not the amount per mile to be reimbursed versus lodging where you enter the final bill as the amount.
- Type in a Description of the line item.
- Choose an Account for the charge.
- From the Add Detail screen, click the Save button.
- Choose a Pre-verifer if necessary. Below are those situations:
- Click the Submit for Approval button to submit the request.