Entering PO Requisitions
In Skyward, authorized users enter requisitions which will become purchase orders upon approval by finance.
Step-by-step via video
Note: The video makes note of a My Requisitions link. This is outdated. The video will be reshot at a later date. For now, please be aware that when the video mentions the My Requisition link, you should actually click on Requisitions – RQ.
Step-by-step via Written Instructions
- Click the Purchasing heading at the top of the screen.
- Click the Requisitions – RQ link
- Click the Add button in the upper right.
- To use one account number for the whole PO, leave Account allocation by total requisition amount (YMA) selected. Or to assign different account numbers per detail line, click Account allocation by each requistion detail line (YDA).
- Type a quick Description
- In the Vendor, drop-down type the first few letters of the vendor name. All matching vendors will pop-up in the drop-down. Select the appropriate vendor.
- Click the Save and Mass Detail button in the upper-right.
- Type in a Quantity
- Type the word Each into the Unit of Measure of select it form the drop-down.
- Type a Unit of Cost
- Type a Description
- Repeat steps 8 through 11 for additional on the additional lines provided. You can add up to 4 lines items per Mass Add of Detail.
- Click the Save button
- If YMA account distribution was selected, click the Add Requisition Accounts button on the right side. Otherwise, skip to step 17.
- Check the box next to the accounts to use for the Purchase Order.
- Click the Save Account Distrib button.
- Click the Submit for Approval button.