Entering Purchase Orders
In Skyward, authorized users enter POs to authorize the purchase of goods/services and encumber the funds.
Step-by-step via video
Step-by-step via Written Instructions
- Click the green menu button () near the upper-left of the screen.
- Click Purchasing from the menu.
- Click My Purchase Order under the Features heading.
- Click the Add Purchase Order in the upper right.
- If you have access to multiple Purchase Groups, be sure to set the Purchasing Group appropriately at the top.
- In the Vendor, drop-down type the first few letters of the vendor name. All matching vendors will pop-up in the drop-down. Select the appropriate vendor.
- The Description and Batch can be anything for non-activity POs. [In this example, we’ve used “Order” and “PO”.] (Activity POs should use their building in the Batch field.)
- Click the Save and Add Detail button in the upper-left.
- Type a Description.
- Type in a Quantity.
- Type a Unit of Cost.
- Begin typing an account number in the Account field and the select the desired account when it appears.
- If there are more line items for the PO, click Save & Add Another.
- When all line items have been entered, click Save & Submit.