Web Help Desk – Add Notes
How to add Notes to a currently open request or a recently closed request.
You may add Notes to any request. This is the best way to:
- Find out if there are any progess updates on an Open or Pending request
- Ask the Technician a question
- Respond to a question asked by the Technician
- Reopen a Closed request if the issue is still occuring
Add a Note to a Request
2. Click the Add Note button in the Notes section of the request.
3. Add your notes in the text box.
4. Click the Save button when you are finished.
Reopening Closed Requests
When you add a note to a request that has been Closed it will reopen the request and notify the Technician who closed the request. Please do not reopen requests that are more than 30 days old. Create a new request if the same issue has reoccured. This is the best way for Technology Services to track chronic issues.
It is also a good idea to check your recently Cloesd tickets as soon as possible to see if the issue has been resolved. A Technician will generally send a confirmation E-Mail informing you that your request has been Closed.