Scan Receipts to Your Computer
Submitting expense reimbursements or p-card transactions through Skyward requires scanning and uploading receipts. The traditional method has been to scan the receipt at a copier, email the receipt to your Glenbard Gmail account, and then download the receipt to your computer. Once a file is on your computer, it can be uploaded to Skyward.
This article explains how you can scan your receipts from your phone and have them available on your computer in seconds.
Scanning to Your Computer Using a Smart Phone
Note: Please follow the setup instructions below before trying these steps.
- Open the Scanbot app on your smart phone.
- Click the + button to access your camera.
- Hover over a receipt on your desk and hold your camera still.
- A green box will appear around the receipt and your phone will take a picture.
- If there are additional pages click the Add page button in the upper-left.
- If the whole receipt is captured, click the Save button in the upper-right.
- The file is automatically syncronized to your computer as a PDF.
- On a Mac, open a Finder window and click on Google Drive on the left side to find your receipt.
- On a PC, open an Explorer window and click on Google Drive on the left side to find your receipt.
Setup Step 1: Google Drive
Note: Unless using a personal computer, Glenbard staff members must request the installation from a Glenbard technician via a Web Help ticket.
- Download the Google Drive app from this link (https://www.google.com/drive/download/).
- Run the installation after it has been downloaded.
- Provide your Glenbard Google Apps username and password
Setup Step 2: Scanbot
- On your smart phone, get the Scanbot app from this link (https://scanbot.io/en/index.html) or search for in the Apple App Store or Google Play store..
- Open the Scanbot app.
- Click the gear icon in the upper-right of the screen.
- Click on the word Off next to Automatic Upload.
- Click on the Google Drive icon.
- Provide your Glenbard Google Apps user name and password when prompted.