Semester Graduate Procedure
The following procedures must be followed when a student graduates at the end of first semester.
Before Graduation the Registrar must:
- Finalize Semester graduate list. Submit to counselors for verification.
- Notification to teachers, Semester graduate list.
- Letters sent to potential Semster graduates with last day of attendance information.
After Graduation the Registrar must:
- Mark the student as IL_graduate (Powerschool-Registrar page)
- Enter Grad Date of the last day of semester 1 -(Powerschool-Registrar page)
- Process Attendance Labels for Semester Grads before they are exited in Powerschool. ALSO NOTE TO CHANGE THE EXIT DATE on the labels TO Semester GRAD DATE (i.e.12/22/2017) BEFORE PRINTING THE LABELS FROM THE ADA/ADM REPORT IN POWERSCHOOL.
- Complete transcripts
- Request via Web Help to IT Dept/state reporting- Send semester 1 grades to ISBE/Excel attachment with Semester graduate student number and name
- After semester grades are submitted to ISBE, submit webhelp ticket to data specialist for exit enrollment.
Data Specialist :
- Check to see if the student has a semester 2 schedule. If so, drop the courses before exiting the student. Course start/end dates must be within the student’s exit date. (Be sure to be in All-Year Term in the top right corner).
- Process the exit with an exit date of the last day of semester 1, exit code 06(Graduated), exit comment=Semester Graduate.Update Sched Setup in Powerschool with next grade =99;next school = graduated school (student will remain inactive in their high school until system rollover in July at which time they will be moved to the graduated school.)