Verify Demographics Corrections
When parents submit demographics corrections, the Data Specialist must review and confirm the corrections before they are updated in the student’s records. The Data Specialist should perform this activity daily during the month of July.
To submit demographics corrections, parents have already confirmed their students’ residency. From the parent portal in PowerSchool parents can submit changes to fields and/or clear certain fields in their students’ records. The Data Specialist needs to verify these corrections to ensure only accurate data is being recorded to the each student’s account.
- Each day, open PowerSchool and type “corrections=1” into the Search Students bar.
- Click the magnifying glass button.
- A Student Selection will generate. The students listed here are those with pending corrections.
- Click on the first student to load his/her account.
- In the student’s navigation menu click Demograhpics Verify
- If the corrections are acceptable move on to step 9.
- If there is an address change, notify the dean’s office so they can notify the parents to get the new address verifiied for residency.
- If you do not wish to accept changes as listed…
- Click the Decline checkbox to prevent loading a change
- Change the data in the Update field if you only wish to change the format of a submitted change (i.e. Changing Street to St)
- Follow-up with the student/parent(s) as necessary.
- Click the Submit button to committ changes to the student’s records in PowerSchool.