Student Transfers – Students Transferring Off-Campus

Due to the ISBE requirements for student enrollment and attendance reporting, students attending an Off Campus Serving school must have their PowerSchool enrollment reflect where they are attending. This process applies to transfer from home school to off campus and back to home school. This process may also include Court Placed student enrollments.

  1. The home school (APSS/Guidance Director) and the off campus facilitator initiating the change in a student’s enrollment notifies the Assistant to Off campus facilitator/Data/Registrar that the student will be changing enrollment and the effective dates.
  2. Assistant to Off Campus facilitator – Exit student enrollment using state exit code 17 (Change in serving school or FTE). You must enter an exit comment of “Exited to attend ‘Name of serving school’ ” or “Exited ‘Name of serving school’ to attend home school”. Exit/enroll dates must be 1 day apart.
  3. Assistant to Off Campus facilitator – Enter a Web Help ticket to IT PowerSchool admin for state reporting for the student exit in ISBE SIS system.
  4. Indicate that this is an Off Campus transfer along with details of the transfer.
  5. Assistant to Off Campus facilitator will re-enroll the student when all placement procedures are complete using state entry code 04- (Transfer in from within District.) Use entry comment ‘Attending name of serving school or Returned to home school from serving school name and the off campus serving school RCDTS code.
  6. Assistant to Off Campus facilitator add a note to the webhelp ticket to indicate the student enrollment is complete.
  7. IT admin for state reporting -assign ticket to Data specialist for entry of the student’s off campus schedule (Public or Private).

You may also like...