Grade 11 – Students Who Have Not Taken the PSAE Test
Per ISBE rules a student who does not take the PSAE test and does not have a valid state reason for not testing must remain in grade 11. see ISBE link –http://www.isbe.state.il.us/assessment/pdfs/impact_of_gr11_def.pdf
- After PSAE testing each year building level API will identify students who did not test and the reason for not testing.
- If a student has a valid state reason for not testing they may advance to grade 12 the following school year.
- If a student does not have valid state reason for not testing they must remain in grade 11.
- Data specialist – Enter next grade=11 in Schedule Setup
- Data specialist – Enter did not take PSAE in the students entry comment for enrollment.
- (note: April 2014 was the last PSAE assessment given in Illinois. PARCC is the new assessment beginning in 2015, unclear if the grade 12 rule will apply in the future)