Student transfers-In District Transfer-Change in Serving School
Due to ISBE requirements, Glenbard must follow specific procedures when transferring students in-district in order to be compliant with state requirements.
When transferring students within the district, please follow the instructions below:
- School wanting to enroll the student (guidance/registrar) calls registrar at current school and starts the withdrawal process. For transfer within Glenbard or return from off campus district special ed department will initiate the transfer.
- Registrar – gives data specialist the student’s name and ID#.
- Data Specialist – Make a copy of his current schedule for records and usually copy and paste the schedule (and requests if it’s during master schedule time) in an e-mail to the new school (data person).
- Data Specialist – Manually drop the current schedule, current requests, next year’s requests (if there are any).
- Data Specialist – Remove the “team” and locker/combination.
- Data Specialist – WebHelp ticket to PowerSchool admin for state reporting before withdraw. Wait for the student to be exited at the state level. PowerSchool admin for state reporting will update WebHelp when ISBE exit is complete.
- Withdraw the student with a code of 17 (change in serving school).
- Data specialist may then transfer the student to the new serving school.
- Let the new serving school know the student has been transferred and can be activated.
- New serving school: Enroll the student. The enrollment date MUST be one day after the exit date at the previous serving school.
- If the student is transferred within the special education program – The data specialist at the new serving school must update PowerSchool with proper home and serving RCDTS school (Illinois demo tab in PowerSchool-Field 31 and 32.)
- RCDTS codes:
- 190220870170001 East
- 190220870170002 North
- 190220870170003 West
- 190220870170004 South
- Check the transfer info page, it should show the home and serving school that was entered on the IL/demo page.
Example of a completed serving school transfer within Glenbard:
|Entry Date / Code||Exit Date / Code||Grade||Entry Comment||Exit Comment||School||Home RCDTS||Serving RCDTS|
|Transferred from West||Glenbard South High School||190220870170003
|Entry Date / Code||Exit Date / Code||Grade||Entry Comment||Exit Comment||School|
|Retained||Going to GBS Special Program||Glenbard West High School|