Updating a Student Address in PowerSchool
For a quick tutorial of any of these steps, see this video.
- Pull up the student in PowerSchool. Glenbard will only change the addresses of active students, so if the student requires a “/” to find, refer them to the Counseling department.
- Click on the student’s “Addresses” screen in the left column.
- Replace the home address. Use the following format when typing in the new address:
- Capital letters at the beginning of every word (150 W St Charles Rd)
- Use abbreviations for all directions and the street suffix. See this guide for proper suffix notation.
- Never use any punctuation
- Click “Copy from Home Address” to replace the mailing address with the student’s new address (if applicable).
- Hit submit and provide an address change reason. The address change reason should supply the source. Hit submit once more.
- If the family is supplying updated paperwork, check the checkbox below. Make sure your name appears beside the “Last Residency Check Update”
- Generally, we only change a student’s address if the parent is supplying the supporting paperwork. If the checkbox was already checked, it’s recommended to un-check, then re-check the box to show all users when the paperwork was collected.