Approve/Deny an Absence
DCs are responsible for the first level of approval of all teacher absences.
Second level approval responsibilities are as follows:
- APAs: athletic releases
- APIs: professional development, district meetings, principal called meetings
- APOs: time-off, DC called meetings, GEA release
- Log into Aesop at aesoponline
- Click on Approve Absences
- The absences showing are defaulted to unapproved absences for the next month.
- To see absences further in the future, click the calendar icon next to End Date
- Select a new date
- Click the Submit button
- To view Notes from the teacher about the absence, hover your mouse over the icon to the far right.
- To approve or deny one or more requests, click the checkboxes of the absences that need action.
- Click the Approve button to approve the selected absences
- Click the Deny button to deny the selected absences
Note: For 2nd level approvers, the checkboxes will only appear for absences that have been approved at the first level.