Guidelines for issuing refunds in Rycor
- Determine if a refund is due and the amount. If there is an overpayment on the account, refund should be issued for that amount only. If a line item is to be refunded, for example a textbook fine paid, an edit of that amount to zero must be made before refund is issued.
- Review “History-Date” for original method of payment.
- If debit/credit card, issue refund directly to debit/credit card. Partial refund amount can be made using this method.
- If cash, physical check, or ACH transaction was method of payment, an Imprest check will be issued for the appropriate amount. This must also be recorded in Rycor as a “Refund-Check” transaction. Enter the payee and the Imprest check number.
- In all cases, a note reading the refund must be entered in the “Notes” section for that student.
- Note: Parents on a payment plan are not entitled to a full refund of a line item, an example again is the Textbook Fine. They did not make 100% payment of that item, only the portion that has been paid for the payments made to date. You must take this into consideration before issuing a refund.
From the specific Student Account:
- Click the Refund menu item from the side bar menu to open the ‘Issue Refund’ window.
- Enter method of Payment, amount of Payment and name of the person to receive the Refund.
- Select a Refund Batch: any open Refund Batch may be used, or Create a new Batch before proceeding.
- Click OK