Closing a User-Initiated Batch
From time to time, all Batches should be closed.Closing a Batch stops all transactions within the Batch and prevents more transactions from being allocated to it.
Prior to closing a User-Initiated Batch, the User must confirm that:
a) All transaction activity to and from this Batch has ceased; and
b) The physical funds available in the Batch match the amount reported by the Batch total in Acorn.
Batch Center > Batches > Select Specific Batch > View > Close Batch
From the ‘View Batch Details’ window of the specific Batch:
- Click ‘Close Batch’ to open the ‘Close Batch’ window.
- Click ‘Close Batch’ to open the dialogue box, requiring confirmation of the Batch closure.
- Click ‘Yes’.
- Print the two reports automatically initiated by Acorn.
- Have the funds deposited to the school’s account.
- Post the GL transactions into the cash accounting system.